Monday, June 22, 2009

leaps and bounds

so much has changed since the last time i sat down to write one of these bad boys...

move to new mexico - check
new puppy - check
new house - check
engaged - check
new job at a kick ass agency - check
wedding date set - check

i am sitting at my new desk in my new office looking out the door wondering if there really is something so wonderful as fate - the novel ideal that things really do happen for a reason. aside from the fact that my first day has been spent looking at websites (i have to learn the market somehow) and playing of facebook (our email is down and we all know i need to stay connected) i am for the first time in a very long time - really enjoying my life.

maybe its the fact that i get to spend the rest of my life with my best friend - or that after such a rocky ride - i finally get to enjoy what it means to be happy. maybe its that i feel like my life is finally moving the direction it should be - house, fiance, dogs, great job, etc...

or maybe its because any little doubt that i had in my mind about whether this was the right choice - the right move, the right guy, the right life...have faded away. as if everything were meant to be - right move, right house, right job, right guy...right fit all the way around.

i am not going to pretend that life will be all sunshine and roses from here on out - i am not naive. i have seen the struggles that befall married people. as bev says, you have to work at it everyday - its not easy...

but i know that in my heart and in my mind that with him, in this town, in this place and in this life - is where i want to be!

No comments: