Friday, July 2, 2010

at what point in time

at what point in time do you truly understand just how blessed you really are...

that life or god or karma or whatever you call it - has blessed you with good people, good family, good love and an all around good life...

i woke up this morning in a pretty good mood...yes its friday, yes there is pretty much no one at work today, yes i get to kick off my long weekend of laying by the pool, spending time with good people and my puppies in a few hours...but i think its more than that.

i wake up every morning next to an amazing man...one who loves me deeply, cherishes our relationship, is my best friend and proves to me every day that i am his missing piece...

but today it hit me that outside of him, and my family...i am pretty blessed to have a few beautiful and amazing women that i get to call my best friends...

it seems that every single day something changes, all around me - but the one thing i have been able to count on over the years is that no matter where life takes me or throws at me or puts in my path...i have love, support and inspiration from these women.

it saddens me that i live so far away from these amazing women...but i know that the distance has made us all stronger - and that in the end it is one of the things that has shaped our friendship. i find that i do not take their love and support for granted - and cherish the little amounts of time that i get to spend with them as some of the best times of my life.

i know the word love is often thrown around - which is sad...because that word should mean something more...i am guilty of this...

however - when i say "I love You" to each one of these amazing women...i mean it more than i ever thought possible...and i feel like i should tell each of them more!

as we all enter into new challenges, for some its motherhood, for others, its being a wife...and for others still it is finding a balance and learning that what is right is not always easy and what is easy is not always right...i know that we will remain friends - call me optimistic - but if we have made it through everything life has thrown at us so far...i believe we can do it again.

cheers to the last 1o years ladies...and may we drink to 100 more!

No comments: