Tuesday, May 4, 2010

"support this"

i was talking to a few of my friends the other day and all of them expressed the same thing...my morning drive observations make them laugh...they actually look forward to them in the morning. this is good news - because odds are they are not going to go away...happy tuesday!

now i am not sure if its because i spend a good 45-50 minutes in the car on my morning commute or if its because we live in new mexico, and people are just a little different out here - or maybe its because i am just now starting to pay attention and actually remember what it is that i see that often leaves me baffled...but either way - i am actually really enjoying my findings as i trek east from rio rancho into the (great) city of albuquerque.

today was particularly interesting...i was sitting at the light and realized that the car in front of me, a white ford focus (who had not only cut me off but was glaring at me in his rear view mirror - might be because i was starring with a look of disgust on my face) was proudly displaying a black and yellow magnetic ribbon on the trunk...the ribbon had the words "support this" on the curl of the ribbon with a balled up fist with the middle finger sticking out as if to flip off whatever unfortunate soul happens to be stopped behind him....or happens to disagree with this statement. As if this was not quite bad enough - hanging from his rear view mirror was the matching (fist flipping the bird) air freshener.

honestly - my first thought was...where does one get these items and do they come in a set or do you have to buy them separately...

by all means - it is your car, express your opinions - that is truly the beauty of the country we live in...

however...

my major distaste for the entire situation came when i realized that in his back seat was a car seat complete with his 2 year old (daughter or son - i couldn't tell) on board - daddy dropping jr. off at daycare - wonder how many times a day this precious little angel tells people to "support this"

stay classy albuquerque!

1 comment:

Renee said...

Lol...I particularly like the "stay classy alberquerque" line on your part. I agree. Not sure if you know that I detest bumper stickers more than anything, let alone any kind of "flair" showing people's low-life selfs. Horrible! Thanks for sharing!