Monday, September 22, 2008

sacrifice

ever really sat back and thought about what you have to sacrifice in life?

whether the sacrifice you make is to further your career, for the person you love or just simply because you don't have any other option...life is full of sacrifice

can you ever truly have it all - and if you can - do you every really want it.

i think everyone sacrifices something - no one has the perfect life - despite what they might say

its almost 6:00 on a monday evening and i am still sitting at work looking at my to-do list that seems to be exponentially growing at a rate even NASA cant seem to compute

the office is empty - it not technically our busy season yet - although someone should probably tell my list that

and my mind is wandering - where you might ask - well to the one place it has been for the past few weeks and to the sacrifice that i have made - keeping me away from the place my mind often ventures

caught between a rock and hard place - sure - but more than that -

so here i sit...
sacrificing my time with my family (twice a year on random holidays is hardly sufficient for a girl lists family as one of the most important things in her life)
sacrificing my sanity (as i watch this list grow - i might be slowly losing my mind)
sacrificing my financial comfort (i might love my job but i thought they outlawed slavery a while ago)
sacrificing my ability to have a normal (what is that) relationship (there is nothing i want more than to be with you - but i wont make that sacrifice)
sacrificing my eye sight (they have now turned the lights off and i have been staring at a computer screen all day - that cant be good)
sacrificing my social life (although i still seem to find time to get into a little trouble)

and for what...

it is what it is...and i knew getting into this that it would be far from conventional

on i climb until one day all my sacrifices mean i have taken over the world - or at least found some success on the way - and maybe the outcomes that make all my sacrifice worth it...

No comments: