Wednesday, October 8, 2008

ode to my jilly and my attempt to be happy

in honor of one of the most beautiful and amazing girls i know (who also happens to be one of my best friends) i am going to take a moment and look at the things i enjoy about life (as i am trending on the negative right now)

26 things i like (in no particular order)


26. getting dressed up
25. my friends - i am blessed
24. hiding under my big blanket and falling asleep to the sounds of the rain
23. reading books that actually enlighten my outlook on life and the people who will discuss the books with me regardless of how many times i bring it up
22. history - and the fact that we are making history with this election and economic crisis- i wonder if my children will learn about this time in school like we learned about watergate, the great depression and jfk
21. my mother...she is the most amazing, independent and beautiful woman i know and i owe her so much
20. sushi (and white wine)
19. a long run
18. coffee with an obnoxious amount of french vanilla creamer
17. margarita and fajita night with scott
16. my grandparents and the fact that they have been married for over 50 years - it gives me hope
15. gracie lou, beinna and nikki
14. the smell of aveda products
13. being in your arms
12. katt williams dvds
11. a great pair of shoes
10. the talking stitch that sits at my desk
9. text messages
8. knowing that you think about me (a lot)
7. raw pillsbury crescent roll dough
6. a cold beer and a mushroom swiss burger from francies
5. being in love
4. a sweatshirt, sweatpants, ponytail and my glasses
3. spending a saturday by the pool in the middle of summer
2. amazing sex
1. the way you love the way i smell

1 comment:

Zach and Jill said...

Oh Erin! I heart you a whole lot. :) Think sunny not rainy. i know it is really hard right now, but you can do it--you are a strong woman and that is one of the many reasons why I love you!